Wednesday 9 January 2019

What is a cool tech hack that you've done?



Several months ago, I purchased a television, one of those expensive Samsung models. Alas, after just two months, the TV began to manifest strange signs and symptoms. It would just turn off on its own and then boot up, before turning off again and rebooting and turning off…and there was no end to it.
I was devastated. I was nonplussed. I was flummoxed, bewildered and bemused. I was heartbroken. I was not happy at all, in short. So I ran over to Google and typed in the question: “How does someone who laboured to buy an expensive TV repair it before having a heart attack?”
Just kidding, I didn’t exactly ask that…but you get the idea, right?
Anyway, after sifting through the internet for hours, I finally found a website which had the “solution” I was looking for. This American fellow had a similar TV model to mine, with the same issues and he solved it by…wait for it…he solved it by hitting the back of his TV very hard, three times. He hit his TV like that out of frustration and anger and lo! The problem ceased immediately!
I felt disappointed…I thought, ‘what kind of stupid suggestion is this?’…until I read the comments under that fellow’s advice. Someone said, “Wow, I didn’t believe this but I was desperate, so I tried it. It worked! Thank you so much!” There were about 5 other comments like that as well. Hmm, what’s going on here?
So, I decided to try it even though voices in my head were warning me that I would soon be mourning the death of my TV. I thought I heard something like, “Young man, don’t compare yourself to those Americans- their hands are quite soft. Your strong Nigerian hand will destroy this TV”.
I closed my eyes for a short prayer before delivering three powerful slaps to the back of my TV. ‘Spare the rod and spoil the child’…I think I have seen that statement somewhere in the Bible...maybe...I'm not sure it says that exactly.
Well, after that harsh treatment, the TV went off…then came back on. And since then (three months now), it has not shown the worrying symptoms it used to! Now I don’t know if it was ‘luck’, a miracle or a response to disciplinary action…but it worked!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Organization and Storage Ideas for Small Spaces

Clear your clutter and get more organized this month. Having a more organized home can give you and your family a clear mind and a prod...